Museumsgården appears today as it did when the last owner's parents furnished their home in around 1860. The timber used in the house is from the ships that ran aground on the coast of Læsø. The most eye-catching aspect of Museumsgården is the huge, very attractive seaweed roof which bears witness to the ability of the island's inhabitants to utilise the materials that were available to them.
The stub mill at Museumsgården
Earlier, the majority of large farms on Læsø had a so-called stub windmill - a small farm mill that ground corn. In fact, there was mandatory milling at the Viborg chapter's large mill at Klitgård in Byrum, but the local inhabitants on Læsø have always valued their independence. They therefore built their own stub mills for household use. At the beginning of the 19th century there were some 70 stub mills on Læsø.